New SV-38 Swiss Type Machine Featuring Versatile Capability January 1, 2015
Star CNC Machine Tool Corp. has introduced its newest SV-38 model, which represents the latest in Star's technology ranging in size up to 38 mm.
Features of the SV-38 include:
- A guide bushing capability for longer parts, and an option to work directly out of the main spindle for shorter components.
- A 10-station turret which can use multiple tools in each position, equipped with a B-axis control function for angular machining.
- Combined with the turret is a 9-position tool post which can be used for "pinch turning" and secondary operations, such as simultaneous cross drilling and milling.
- The 8-spindle backworking unit with Y-axis can use a variety of tooling for overlapping operations.
- Up to three tools can be applied in a cut simultaneously, which can reduce the production time and improve profitability.
"The machine offers a large capacity up to 1-1/2" diameter, higher accuracy, versatility and rigidity with a variety of available tooling," said a company spokesperson.
With the new SV-38, Star offers complex machining capabilities for manufacturing industries, including aircraft, automotive, medical and other industries.
For more information contact:
Star CNC Machine Tool Corp.
123 Powerhouse Rd.
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
516-484-0500 ext. 1240