Magma Certified Shops Premier: Jason Lythjohan of Premier Aluminum in Racine, WI, receives his MAGMA certification.
Magma Certified Shops Foundry: Ian McNally from Hodge Foundry in Greenville, PA, receives his MAGMA certification.
MAGMA Foundry Technologies Inc. has been a provider of proprietary casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT, for over 20 years. More than just providing software, MAGMA also shares its engineering expertise through its contract service group and comprehensive training programs. This extensive training program comprises several intensive course levels, where the users gain knowledge to better utilize the software from a functional standpoint, plus insights on practical approaches to applying the technology to their metalcasting process.
Currently, the highest achievable training level is the Certified MAGMASOFT User. There is a set of specific criteria the user must meet to be eligible to participate in the program and a list of objectives that must be met to receive the certification from Magma.
There are many benefits to completing the certification program, which aid not only the software user, but also the user's organization and its casting customers.
According to the company, some of the key benefits include:
- Improved efficiency and more effective utilization of the software for speed to solution.
- Improved result interpretation and knowledge of root cause analysis.
- Gaining a greater understanding of how simulation applies to their organization and customer base in the areas of design, process, quality and overall costs.
- Enhanced communication internally and with their customers to reduce costs associated with program launches and casting quality.
- Establishing a mark of excellence that sets their organization apart from the competition, including those who already have MAGMASOFT.
- In 2011, two successful users achieved the MAGMA Certification, namely, Jason Lythjohan from Premier Aluminum, LLC and Ian McNally from Hodge Foundry.
Premier Aluminum, located in Racine, WI, and part of Ligon Industries LLC, is an ISO 9001-2008 certified permanent mold aluminum casting and machining shop. Premier has a reputation for partnering with its customers to find flexible and cost-effective solutions to a variety of product problems, the company said.
Hodge Foundry, founded in 1876 and located in Greenville, PA, is an internationally recognized specialty engineering foundry that manufactures high quality complex gray and ductile iron castings, the company said.
For more information contact:
Christof Heisser, President
MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc.
10 N. Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847-969-1001, Ext. 225