Chevalier Introduces FTC-1320V VMCApril 1, 2012
The FTC-1320V is a high-speed type, traveling-column, vertical machining center.
Application sample shows increased productivity during machining by having access to the other side of the turntable.
The compact and high-efficient design of the FTC-1320V with front pallet change is suitable for high-speed drilling, tapping and milling, said Chevalier. With a special holding fixture during machining on one side of table, the operator can load and unload workpieces on the other side of table.
"Comparison of cycle time reveals that machining efficiency can increase by more than 50 percent compared to traditional types of machining through workpiece changing time, tool changing time and cutting time," said Chevalier National Sales Manager Herbert Hou.
- Capacity: The machine's table size is 25.6" x 14.4" with a table load at 264 lbs. The XYZ travel is 19.7" x 12.6" x 9.8". This FTC model's spindle center to column is 15.6" and the weight of the machine is 6,614 lbs. The tool capacity is 16+1 with a maximum tool weight of 4.4 lbs. The small floor space of 61" x 113" x 95" is suitable for factory automation and machining cell.
- Structure: To increase the rigidity during machining, the machine's base is one-piece casting with a slope design that is equipped with a large-volume coolant flow for fast chip removal. For high-speed machining that requires a super-fine finish, the ballscrews are mounted close to the machining point for maximum rigidity and to minimize the influence of the ballscrew after long periods of operation.
The servo motor directly drives the turntable and makes the acceleration smooth. The turntable exchange is quick and only takes two seconds. The center cover of the turntable includes six holes for air connection.
- Control: The FANUC 0iMD is a standard control feature with a 8.4" TFT color LCD display. The 0iMD control also comes with minimum increment of 0.0001", rigid tapping and high-speed machining mode, automatic recognition on EIA/ISO code and much more.
- Power: The direct-mounted spindle is supported by 4-piece angular-contact ball bearings that are mounted at a 15-degree angle for increased rigidity and high-speed machining accuracy. The spindle speed is up to 15,000 RPM with fast acceleration and deceleration speed.
- Accessories: Standard items include semi-enclosed splash guard, safety switch and automatic door, coolant system, pilot lamp, alarm lamp, standard tool and leveling bolts and pads. A fully enclosed splash guard and chip conveyor are optional.
For more information contact:
National Sales Manager
Chevalier Machinery Inc.
9925 Tabor Place
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670