AMT (The Association For Manufacturing Technology) elected its 2012-2013 officers and directors on Saturday, March 10, at its 2012 Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL. This is the first board of directors to be elected following the March 8 merger of AMT and AMTDA (The American Machine Tool Distributors' Association).
The Board of Directors of the Association, which represents approximately 600 American manufacturers and distributors of machine tools, manufacturing machinery and related products, named Timothy B. Dining, President and CEO, Greenerd Press & Machine Co., Nashua, NH, and Ronald Mager, President/CEO, Machinery Systems, Inc., Schaumburg, IL, as Co-Chairmen. They follow Eugene R. Haffely, Jr., ATW Automation, A Division of ATS Automation Tooling Systems, Dayton, OH, and Steve M. Wherry, Memphis, TN.
The Board elected R. Stephen Flynn, President, Optical Gaging Products, Inc., Rochester, NY, to serve as First Vice Chairman and Treasurer in the coming year. Also elected was Kevin Kilgallen, President, Mid Atlantic Machinery, Harrisburg, PA, to serve as Second Vice Chairman.
Brian J. Papke, President, Mazak Corporation, Florence, KY, has been elected Secretary.
Newly elected to a three-year term as a member of the association's Board of Directors are David Burns, President and COO, The Ex-One Company, LLC, Irwin, PA; Ronald S. Karaisz, President KAR Enterprises, Brighton, MI; Daniel D. Janka, President, MAG Global, Hebron, KY; Lee Morris, CEO and Chairman, The Morris Group, Windsor, CT; and Jerry Rex, President, Morris South, LLC, A Morris Group Company, Charlotte, NC.
Returning Board members include Carl Reed, President and CEO, Abbott Workholding Products, Manhattan, KS, and Steven Stokey, Executive Vice President/Owner, Allied Machine & Engineering Corp., Dover, OH; Larry G. Schwartz, President & COO, Okuma America Corporation, Charlotte, NC; Richard L. Simons, President & CEO, Hardinge Inc., Elmira, NY; and Michael Powell, President, Master WorkHolding, Inc., Morganton, NC.
"I am extremely pleased and proud to be serving in the role as one of the first Co-Chairman of the new AMT," said Dining. "We are all part of a vibrant organization that is going to lead the advancement of innovation and manufacturing in this country."
Mager said, "These are truly exciting times for manufacturing. We hear the media speak of the renaissance of manufacturing in the U.S., and we can truly see it happening. Confidence is high, innovation is apparent, reshoring is real and the future is bright."
AMT 2012-2013 Officers
- Co-Chairman: Timothy B. Dining is the President & CEO of Greenerd Press & Machine Company, Inc., Nashua, NH, a position he has held since 2000. Prior to joining the 125-year-old manufacturer of hydraulic presses, he was Vice President, Operations, for Labsphere, Inc., in North Sutton, NH. Before that, he served as Vice President, Operations, for WPI Power Systems and WPI Electronics. Mr. Dining is a Dartmouth College graduate, with a B.S. in psychology. He also holds an M.B.A. from The Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire.
- Co-Chairman: Ronald Mager is President and CEO of Machinery Systems, Inc., Schaumburg, IL. He has held this position since 2008. Previous to this, he was President and COO of Machinery Systems, Inc. Earlier in his career he was CFO and Senior Vice President in charge of Business Operations with many diverse responsibilities. Mr. Mager is a graduate of the Illinois Institute of Technology and earned a Masters of Management from Kellogg Graduate School of Business at Northwestern University.
- First Vice Chairman and Treasurer: R. Stephen Flynn is President, Optical Gaging Products, Inc., Rochester, NY. He has held this position since November 2006. Mr. Flynn was previously Vice President of Worldwide Marketing at Optical Gaging Products from 1994-2000. Mr. Flynn has been a member of the AMT Board of Directors since 2007. He has been elected to serve another three-year term.
- Second Vice Chairman: Kevin Kilgallen has been President and Owner, Mid Atlantic Machinery, Harrisburg, PA, since 2011. He co-founded the company in 1991. He also co-founded Southern States Machinery, Greensboro, NC, in 2002, and Southern States Machinery, Tampa, FL, in 2006. Prior to that he was with Fox Machinery Associates, Bridgeport, PA, Teledyne Rodney Metals, New Bedford, MA, and York Steel Co., York, PA. He began his career as a machine operator at York Steel Co., York, PA. Mr. Kilgallen was Secretary, AMTDA Executive Committee and a member of the Association's R3 Leadership Group. He is a graduate of York College.
- Secretary: Brian J. Papke is President of Mazak Corporation, Florence, KY. Mr. Papke was named President of Mazak Corporation, Florence, KY, in 1989. Mazak Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing unit of Yamazaki Mazak, headquartered in Oguchi, Japan. Since joining Mazak in 1987, Mazak has completed 14 expansions, including the establishment of a National Technology Center and Customer Service and Support Center and a network of technology centers throughout North America. Recent expansions have included $15 million in expansion of the Kentucky manufacturing plant including new Versatech bridge style machining centers. Further expansion of Technology Centers is in progress with a new building in Houston and an expansion in Schaumburg, IL. Mr. Papke is a graduate of the University of Illinois.
For more information contact:
7901 Westpark Drive
McLean, VA 22102-4206