The Spectrum X-TREME Plasma cutters released by Miller Electric Mfg. Co. have been re-engineered and are packed with new technology intended to deliver more power in the same portable packages, the company said. They feature an all-new XT torch designed to fit more comfortably in the hands of the user.
The Miller XT torch features an ergonomic design that includes a thumb guide, finger grip contours and a no-slip grip for easy control and torch dexterity. The 80-degree handle provides natural arm and elbow positioning while cutting, and an exclusive flexible cable with improved bend radius and flexibility is designed to increase comfort, the company said.
"The Miller XT Plasma torches are also designed to reduce total cost of ownership by making consumables last longer," said a company spokesperson. "The new electrode provides concentricity, smooth movement, better cutting performance and increased life. A robust tip lasts longer and optimizes arc performance. The 30-amp drag shield also increases tip life and simplifies template cutting. By converting to the deflector and holding a 1/16-inch standoff, users will have good arc visibility while cutting with no additional consumables to change. The retaining cup's quick turn feature offers ease and convenience when time to change consumables.
"Now generating 30 amps, this 19-pound plasma cutter provides a more powerful arc for additional cutting speed and thickness. The unit can cut through 3/8-inch mild steel at 18 IPM and provides even faster, cleaner cuts on 1/4-inch material.
"Other features include:
- New Auto-Refire technology - automatically controls the pilot arc when cutting expanded metal.
- New automatic air regulation - automatically compensates for input pressure variation to provide constant recommended torch pressure.
- New easy-to-understand front panel - provides color-coded plug configuration and input voltage ranges.
- MVP (Multi-Voltage Plug) - allows connection to 120 or 240 V single-phase power without any tools.
- Auto-Line Technology - automatically adjusts the unit to either voltage for high performance based on the incoming power.
- LVC line voltage compensation - provides peak performance power under variable conditions.
- Miller engine drive compatible - full cutting power on any Miller engine drive with 6.5 kW or more 240 V generator power.
- Fan-On-Demand and Wind Tunnel Technology.
"Generating 40 amps, the 21-pound plasma cutter can slice through 5/8-inch mild steel at 15 IPM.
"Other features of the 21-pound plasma cutter include: Auto-Line Technology, new MVP adapters, new front panel, automatic air regulation, auto-refire technology, LVC line voltage compensation, Miller engine drive compatibility, Fan-On-Demand and Wind Tunnel Technology.
Both Spectrum X-TREME Plasma cutters come complete with shoulder strap and Miller X-CASE.
For more information contact:
Miller Electric Mfg. Co.