AME Announces Fourth-Generation RLN Series Rod LocksJuly 1, 2012
Advanced Machine & Engineering Co. (AME) is offering its AMLOK line of pneumatic rod locks. The Pneumatic Series RLN Rod Lock has been developed as a solution to control problems inherent to pneumatics - over travel, drifting, bouncing and reverse traveling.
The patented AMLOK Type RLN is constructed of black anodized aluminum housing with a special piston and wedge locking mechanism actuated by multiple springs designed to mechanically lock the rod quickly and securely. The clamp is unlocked when air actuates the piston, compresses the spring and releases the locking device. The AMLOK Power-Off Rod Lock can be mounted to a NFPA cylinder, or as a stand-alone unit.
According to a company spokesperson, features of the AMLOK Power-Off Rod Locks include:
- No rod displacement on engagement.
- Large clamping surface reduces pressure-per-square-inch on the rod, extending service life.
- Fast response time.
- Low backlash.
- 4 bar (60 PSI) release pressure.
- Precision holding 0.002-0.003.
- Consistent clamping force in both directions.
- High cycle rates and accuracy.
- Holds load during power/pressure loss.
- Compact unit, easy integration.
- Versatile sleeve nut/tie rod mounting to NFPA style pneumatic cylinders.
- Many NFPA style-mounting attachments available for stand alone applications.
The optional sealed RLN Series design is designed for food and wash down applications as well as pneumatic and hydraulic presses, scissor-lift tables, test and positioning equipment, assembly equipment, machine tool applications and more.
For more information contact:
Advanced Machine & Engineering Co.
2500 Latham St.
Rockford, IL 61103